Hotel Sidney ~ Early History
The original Hotel Sidney built in 1891 by Captain Bissett, stood at the corner of Beacon Ave. and First Street. The Sidney Pier, in front of Hotel Sidney, was the gateway to the United states via the Anacortes Ferry. Lineups for the ferry used to extend along the pier and in front of the Hotel
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites is a family business that started in 1963 when the Paquette family purchased Hotel Sidney. A new Cannery style building
now rests on the corner of Beacon and First and is home to 10 deluxe suites. Access to the Lobby and remaining 26 standard rooms is from First Street entrance.
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites, located on the waterfront at the roundabout in Sidney B.C.
, is 10 minutes from the B.C. ferry terminal, 5 minutes from the Victoria International Airport and 3 blocks from the Anacortes ferry.
Sidney Pier / Wharf & original Cannery buildings